Miss Cassandra Boczek
Year 7 Overview of Content
- Learners will look at personal organisation and what is important in their lives.
- Learners will develop an understanding of the power of words for good and for harm, including the effects on emotions of those words and actions.
- Learners will discover how to develop resilience and how to overcome barriers.
- Learners will develop an understanding of what is effective communication and how this can help them in their learning.
- Learners will reflect on their decision making in relation to their online behaviour and leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Learners will finally look at how to take initiative, to goal set and leadership.
Year 8 Overview of Content
- Learners will develop skills to approach problems and challenges in a methodical and open-minded way
- Learners will understand that honest reflection and clear vision are fundamental to personal development and building resistance
- Learners will discover how to appreciate and handle differences effectively within a team
- Learners will engage in productive discussion and develop the tools to navigate verbal and online communication
- Learners will reflect on their decision making and thought processes to ensure a positive approach to future choices
- Learners will engage with different groups/audiences in ways which promote clear communication and inclusivity
Year 9 Overview of Content
- Learners will work to develop a sense of pride and confidence that helps them to overcome setbacks
- Learners will discover the importance of appreciating the attractiveness of both initiative and interpersonal skills to those around them and to future employers.
- Learners will discover and demonstrate the importance of moderating their voice and body language when presenting their view to a group and when feeding back to individuals
- Learners understand the importance of motivation and respect for effective leadership
- Learners will work on how to use appropriate language in all settings, including online and more formal situations
- Learners will look at identifying organisational techniques that work for them and how they can apply organisation to their speech
At Key Stage 4 our learners have timetabled one hour a fortnight for a PSE qualification known as SWEET (Succeeding With Education, Employment & Training). This is a BTEC style qualification in which all learners have the potential to gain the equivalent of a Grade B if all elements are completed to the required standard.
There are five core PSE Chapters which include:
- Personal Identity
- Managing Relationships
- Healthy Living
- Moving Forward
- Money Matters
Then there are three chapters which link to elements of the Welsh Baccalaureate:
- Global Citizenship
- Enterprise and Employability
Throughout the academic year there are also other opportunities for additional lessons to cover other elements of PSE, including from trusted outside providers.