Mrs Rhian Jones
Year 9 Overview of Content
- Learners will work to develop a sense of pride and confidence that helps them to overcome setbacks
- Learners will discover the importance of appreciating the attractiveness of both initiative and interpersonal skills to those around them and to future employers.
- Learners will discover and demonstrate the importance of moderating their voice and body language when presenting their view to a group and when feeding back to individuals
- Learners understand the importance of motivation and respect for effective leadership
- Learners will work on how to use appropriate language in all settings, including online and more formal situations
- Learners will look at identifying organisational techniques that work for them and how they can apply organisation to their speech
At Key Stage 4 our learners can opt to take a PSE qualification known as SWEET (Succeeding With Education, Employment & Training). This is a BTEC style qualification in which all learners have the potential to gain the equivalent of a Grade B if all elements are completed to the required standard.
There are five core PSE Chapters which include:
- Personal Identity
- Managing Relationships
- Healthy Living
- Moving Forward
- Money Matters
Then there are three chapters which link to elements of the Welsh Baccalaureate:
- Global Citizenship
- Enterprise and Employability
Throughout the academic year there are also other opportunities for additional lessons to cover other elements of PSE, including from trusted outside providers.