Miss. L Davies
Year 7, 8 & 9
For help and advice on staying safe online, this is an excellent website: https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/
Year 10 & 11
Level 1/2 Vocational Award ICT (Technical Award) qualification
The qualification is made up of 2 units:
Unit 1: ICT in Society
Unit 1 will be assessed through an exam which is worth 40% of the qualification. The exam will last 1 hour 20 minutes, it will be made up of short and extended response questions
- Explore the wide range of uses of hardware, application and specialist software in society
- Investigate how information technology is used in a range of contexts, including business and organisations, education and home.
Unit 2: ICT in Context
Unit 2 will be assessed with project work which is worth 60% of the qualification. A scenario will be given by WJEC getting students to complete a number of tasks.
- Gain a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, automated documents and images
- Learn to apply your knowledge and understanding to solve problems in vocational settings.
For further information and a copy of the specification, visit https://www.wjec.co.uk/qualifications/level-1-2-vocational-award-in-ict/#tab_keydocuments
Pearson BTEC Tech Award Level 1/2 in Creative Media Production qualification
The qualification is made up of 3 components:
Component 1: Exploring Media Products
This is a non exam internal assessment set by Pearson worth 60 marks. You will be given a scenario on a topic such as Action / Adventure and will be required to research media products in that genre
- Learners will develop their understanding of how media products create meaning for their audiences.
- Learners will examine existing products and explore media production techniques
Component 2: Developing Digital Media Production Skills
This is a non exam internal assessment set by Pearson worth 60 marks.
- Learners will develop and apply skills and techniques in media production processes by creating a media product from one of the following sectors:
- audio/moving image
- interactive design.
Component 3: Create a Media Product in Response to a Brief
This is a practical exam under supervised conditions set by Pearson worth 60 marks. The supervised assessment period is 10 hours and should be arranged in the period timetabled by Pearson. The assessment availability is May/June of year 11
This external component builds on knowledge, understanding and skills acquired and developed in Components 1 and 2.
- Learners will apply their practical skills to the creation of a media product in response to a brief.
- Learners will submit their ideas, pre-production planning and final media product in a portfolio of evidence.
For further information and a copy of the specification, visit: https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/btec-tech-awards/creative-media-production.html